Thursday 2 May 2013

So I've started a blog.

I have started a blog, as you can see.

I've thought about it for a while, but I keep thinking that I will have no time to write posts. I figured who would want to follow a blog that never gets updated?

But then I thought, who cares about followers? I'm not doing this to have a mass of followers. In fact it will probably be easier with less followers! I'm doing this to expand upon my facebook page, a page I originally started to share photos, quotes and information with women and other people passionate about birth. A page that was quickly targeted by somebody who didn't like the pictures I was posting and sharing, which ultimately led to facebook deleting and repeatedly banning me for 'obscene' pictures such as breastfeeding and waterbirth. Really.

For a while that put me off even posting. I was warned by facebook that I was ignoring their requests to remove all further pictures that break their rules and if I posted more I could be permanently banned. I can't find one picture that I honestly feels breaks their rules, and I have never posted a picture intentionally to upset or disgust anybody. I guess my feeling is that if you're so disgusted by a natural act - then don't look at photos of it online only in order to report them?

Anyway, moving past that. There are things I'd like to post on facebook, things I'd like to write and share and I guess I will be able to do that here instead.

I've begun to continue sharing pictures through facebook, but I'm a lot more careful about what I post now, which is a shame. Some of the best photographs I've ever seen are ones that facebook believe to be 'obscene' (I think that was the word they used? I'm trying to remember.)

So just to summarise: Welcome to my new blog :)


3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures and will definitely follow your blog, whenever you get a chance to post. As for FB banning your pictures - how ludicrous that they view the miracle of birth and breastfeeding as "obscene", yet videos of beheading executions are not. Warped logic doesn't even cover it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO thankful that you're doing this! I've loved the FB page and just drink up all your pics and posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete

xx